Tricky, tricky, your age old tricks.
I’ve seen you and your nasty little religion before.
You’re well kept, you’re full of joy.
You know all the words, you raise your hands.
You ask for updates, you shed tears of compassion.
But, T, I wonder if you see that you’re sacrificing sincerity for your precious secrecy.
Oh, but I know you, Transparency.
I’ve seen your type.
Your sly, cunning ways.
You’re full of stories, concise public appearances and words that fool the man.
But, T, you can’t fool me.
You’re keeping me from authentic relationships.
You’re right, stay transparent, stay relatable
But, T, you must see that you’re really looking for yourself, not me.
But being transparent doesn’t mean we can see,
and you’re the father of your lies
and the author of your life,
you don't need me.
Maybe instead of striving for transparency,
I’ll strive for trust-worthy accountability.
I’ll strive for friendships, not acquaintances.
I’ll strive for honesty, not your fake tears.
Because, Transparency, one day you’ll need someone besides yourself
and who will you have besides the liar that lies within?
No comments:
Post a Comment