It's a weird place to be, you see. Growing older every day, but wanting to stay true to the little girl that you loved being. It seems the older I get, the more I miss that little girl. I think I'm mostly just afraid of moving on, of having a new last name someday, of missing my morning coffee with my Mom. I don't know that I really like the idea of growing up so much.
But back to my love for sparkly things. Momma always says, "Oh, I LOVE a good sparkle!" every time she sees something pretty. And I think that's why I do too, because Momma loved it first. You understand, right? So everyday, I try to wear something sparkly, to remind me of my beautiful Momma all throughout the day and to make sure I'm becoming as much like her as I can. Even in the small stuff, like wearing tiny earrings that sparkle when you move your head just right. Because wearing something sparkly feels special and expensive, even when you don't feel special or expensive. It feels feminine and lovely, even if you're wearing a uniform at a job you can't stand. And even if no one notices, I do, and I know she will too.
So I try to buy us matching sparkly stuff, so that one day when we can't have coffee together every morning, we'll both have bracelets with one matching sparkly bead and a crown hanging down, and I know we'll both be thinking about how much we love a good sparkle and how lucky we are to love it together.
3 comments:
So sweet! I love the special relationship I have with my mom, it is something really unique.
I miss my mommy!!!
Aww... that was really precious:-)
Post a Comment