Friday, February 8, 2008

My Creative Heart.


I long to be a creative person.
I love the idea of being able to express my entire life through art, through music, through passion.

I think it started with my grandmother who was a professional artist. I always admired her growing up. I always thought how it would be so wonderful to be able to look at something and know exactly which colors to put together to make it even more beautiful. To be able to have an idea in my head and to actually be able show the world how intrinsic and wonderful I think my mind is.

I have successfully surrounded myself with brilliant and creative people that consistently inspire me to be a more brilliant and creative person.
Probably 95% of my friends were given voices that sooth and comfort those who listen. There is no way that I can be around them and not see how wonderfully and beautifully made they are.
My mom is such a beautiful human being. She looks at everything from cakes, steak, curtains and stages and knows exactly what to put where to make them appear to be even more cool than they are. She has an exceptional eye for color and God has truly taught her to understand beauty.
My best friend Katie is this amazing person who knows exactly how to put clothing together, topped with the most perfect of accessories, shoes and hair. She makes it look effortless every time. (I secretly hate her)
My dad has this remarkable eye for photography. He can take any object and make it desirable and something you long to be like. He knows exactly what colors go with what and how to use Gods lighting and nature to make everything better. It blows me away everytime.

I really long to be creative. My God is such a creative God. Look at His people. Look at his nature in its purely organic state, even before being touched by man. Its a creativity that I don't even know that we can truly fathom. His heart longs for us to know beauty the way that He knows beauty. I know He made me creative, but I don't know how I was made to express it. I love beautiful things and words and joy and I know that those things must translate to creativity somehow. I think God made everyone creative, I just think it's a matter of figuring out how He longs for you to express it.

I feel so trapped inside. Like I have a cornucopia of colors inside my head that are waiting for their beautiful escape... I just don't know how that's going to come about.


Jesus, make my mind as vast as the sky and as deep as the ocean. Draw me towards your creative heart. Teach me the ways that I can bring You glory through my creativity. May I see beauty the way that you see beauty and open up my mind towards the things unseen. Teach me to look at life through the lens of your creative brilliance. 

3 comments:

Kara Kimball said...

I love that the longing that we have to be creative, to express ourselves, and the amazing gifts that some people have at it--it's because we serve SUCH a creative God and we're getting in tune to His heart.

P.S. You, my love, are very creative. You have an eye for very beautiful things.

Jessica said...

There is something so inherently beautiful and NECESSARY about someone who truly appreciates creativity. Art is worthless without an audience to move. But after all, doesn't the saying go, "It takes one to know one?" Don't sell yourself short.

Lana said...

Oh Libby. Do you not see the gift God has given you? The beautiful way you use words to describe the world God has created? You are so creative. God has richly blessed me through your words. I've wanted to write you for weeks now to thank you. You are such a beautiful woman and reading your blog has given me a small glimpse into your beautiful heart. It's quite a story how I stumbled on your blog, and it's really powerful how God is using you to touch my life. I'm so thankful for you. You may not even remember me...but even so I wanted you to know what an effect you've had on my life. Thank you Libby.
In Him, Lana