Sunday, February 3, 2008

Ahava.


God burned it deep in my soul to love.
I know that everyone loves something, but I love LOVE. 
I feel like all I'm here to do is love. 
and that's okay with me. 
Because nothing is more fulfilling than feeling loved, and if I can show everyone I know a slight glimpse of that feeling, then that's perfectly enough for me. 

I know this and yet I still don't love. 
I know that I am here because God first loved me, and yet I don't love every single person with the abounding love of my Savior? Who am I?
How dare I say something critical about someone that I don't even know?
How dare I not be the best image of Christ's love to them?

God spoke to me last week and simply said, 
"You say you love me, you say you want to be like me, but you yourself don't love others the way I do? That, my daughter, is not me."




whoah.
I want my life to be marked by the love.
I want everyone I know to feel the love that I feel.

May my life be broken before the King of all Kings on a daily basis so that I never again forget to love others as He loves me.

1 comment:

Kara Kimball said...

lib, you're so good. i love the idea of living a life marked by love. your blog is so inspiration to me--you actually inspired mine!! i love you!