I am lucky. I can safely say that I'll never be the girl with daddy issues. My dad is smart, kind, loving, handsome and beyond supportive. My friends say it all the time (and I couldn't agree more) that my Dad is the best person in the world to talk to. He doesn't judge, he just listens and loves. He is pro-active, always willing to help and extremely thorough. I love my Daddy. Thank you for your hugs, and your encouraging smile's. Thank you for always looking me in the eye when you ask how I'm doing, for your text messages to remind me that you care and for always making time for me. Thank you for telling me that I'm beautiful and for believing in my abilities when I surely do not. Thank you for raising us kids in a way that is kind, sincere and just. Thank you for loving your wives so publicly and for giving us the standard by which a Godly marriage is to operate. Thank you for admitting your failures to us, because it helps us realize that it's okay to risk. Thank you for never giving up on us when we're in the trenches, and for getting in and digging deep to pull us out and bring us back home. Thank you for even letting us come back home. Thank you for helping us understand the importance of honesty, even in the things that go unspoken. Thank you for letting us silently learn from your mistakes, your success and your love. Thank you for showing us the value of strong friendships that carry you when you cannot do it on your own. Thank you for being men of indelible integrity, leaving no room for anyone to question your words or actions. Thank you for loving us when we didn't deserve it, for your sincerity, intentional decisiveness and for teaching us the importance of living right. You are the most respectable examples of the love of Christ to us and have given us the greatest steps to follow in. And whether we say it or not, we’re trying our hardest to follow. I promise. We love because you first loved us, and that's a gift that not everyone has. You are some of the greatest blessings in my life and I am so thankful that you’ve taken the time to care about me.
With all my love,

1 comment:
Outside of those given by my own son & daughter, I've never been more moved by a Father's Day tribute than this one! It's amazing children like you that give your Dad, Pastor Brett and I such joy in just being a part of your life. Love you Libby!
Post a Comment