
When I sleep, I build a wall of pillows around me so that I feel closed in and confined.
I wear layers of clothing in the winter so that I never have to feel the discomfort of the cold.
Sometimes I let people talk to me for hours so that I never have to let people in, so they never really get to know me.
I build walls around my heart to do the same thing. To feel confined to myself, to never feel discomfort, to keep people from getting in.
But in this season, God's taking those walls down.
And He's using really beautiful women to help refine and correct me.
Through encouragement and love and a breath of fresh air, I'm learning that walls and layers are tools of the insecure, and that's not who I long to be.
And it's definitely not who God desires me to be.
"What language would I most like to learn?
Love and Grace "
-Jessica Rose Doehle
3 comments:
absolutely beautifully written. please get out of my head. love, management
I love everything about this post.
i'm so glad you were brought into our lives for such a times as this.
there's so much beauty in the breakdown.
Post a Comment