Sunday, April 18, 2010

All the details in the fabric.


I want to tell stories.
I want to hear your story,
And I want to tell you my story.

I have thousands of words that run through my head every hour.
I hear melodies to songs that won't ever be written.
I see pictures and paintings and I'm taken to a life that I'll never lead.
I see flowers and I wish I had a way of orchestrating the symphony of colors that come to life in my head.
I wish I had a way to show how much I appreciate the beauty around me and how happy I am to be able to attribute my joy to God's vast and gorgeous creation.

I want to hear your story more than you know.
I want to be taken away to a time I don't know, to a place that I don't belong.
I want to know every detail. I want to know what color shirt you were wearing and how many people were in the room. I want to know how you pulled yourself back together and what time you got home. I want to know the back story, the current story and then what happened next.

I want my mind to be forced to break into new levels of thinking.
I want to be forced to the limits of the imagination that God so beautifully crafted just for me.
I want my creativity to be pressured to think up new colors and words and thought patterns and theological discussions and concepts. I want my mind to keep growing and evolving.

So please, tell me your story, because I think it's amazing.
And don't stop telling me until you're tired of talking, because I promise that I'm not tired of listening.
I'm sorry that I keep asking questions, but please tell me everything you can.
I long to understand who God made you to be; who God made me to be.
and your stories are taking me closer to understanding who that person is.

You're helping me understand how complex and crafty my God is.
You're showing me time and time again that his grace holds us when we're alone.
You're reminding me that the love of God never abandons us, even in our darkest hour.
And you're reminding me again that God made us all so beautifully unique.

And please never forget that you've become a huge part of my story.
A part that I love and can't wait to retell.
So please, tell me who you are so that you can help make me who I need to be.

2 comments:

Catherine Slezinger said...

This is beautiful! Whose story are you referring to...:) And where do you get these amazing pictures?!!!

Anonymous said...

This made me cry. Just thought you should know. I miss you SO much.