
I remember my second day here when I missed one turn and got so lost that I started crying.
I remember never feeling like I'd ever learn my way around.
I remember the day that I decided we shouldn't talk anymore, and
I remember crying in my kitchen pantry while my mom told me that I was strong enough to make it through.
I remember my dad coming in my room and telling me to "stop moping around." and
I remember the day I decided to stop.
I remember Halloween and going out with people I didn't know, in a place I'd never been.
I remember when I felt like it must not be in the cards for me to make friends here.
I remember missing home so deeply that I thought my heart was going to explode daily, and
I remember the day I realized that the last year of my life was my best one yet.
I remember my first Thanksgiving in this weird, lonely new place.
I remember my first snow and the way the world looked so quiet and calm.
I remember the still, small voice that spoke peace to my restless heart.
I remember my Christmas and the loneliness that came with new tradition.
I remember the way I felt when I realized that this was becoming my home, and
I remember going back to California to nothing being as it was when I left it. Mostly myself.
I remember when I fell in love with the way it felt when the sun hit my face here, and
I remember when I realized that I knew 4 different ways to get the same place.
I remember when I realized that I had made beautiful new friends in my new home.
I remember when I knew that the next year would be even better than the last if I let it and
I remember the moment I decided that I love the person that this place is making me.
I remember learning that my hearts moves forward even when I don't want it to, and
I remember learning to trust that the best is yet to come.
But I haven't ever forgotten that God's tender grace is enough, even when I refuse it, and
I haven't ever forgotten that I'm loved with a faithfulness more sure than the rising sun.
5 comments:
Libby,
I love your writing, so glad you are updating your blog more often. It was wonderful to see you Saturday night, even if it was so brief. More special times to come...
Love you,
Aunt Dette
Definitely started crying AGAIN.....you really need to stop with the tear-jerkers lol
i LOVE you!!! that is all!! :)
uh im loving your headliner. peacock feathers. delightful. i love you.
I remember when you thought the west coast and its people were oh-so-very cool. And I remember when you were surrounded by friends in bowties and baller shades not-so-very long ago.
Post a Comment