
My house sounds like the rainforest when it rains; like there are thousands of different species of birds that are finding new life, that are breathing in the fresh rain like it's what they've been craving to stay alive. Like there are 100 different insects that are breathing in the cool Spring rain. The farm animals seem to bellow the sound of their joy in a way that echo's the rain as it hits the side of my window.
I cannot wait for Spring. I cannot wait for dresses and flip flops, blonde hair and being tan.
I keep telling myself, "You made it out of the winter. The winter of your life is over." It has to be, right? I keep telling myself that the sun is going to bring a new beginning and a chance to fall in love with a whole new world that I haven't experienced here yet.
So I should be welcoming this rain. I should love that this rain is flushing out the snow and bringing me warm weather. But this rain is bringing more change. It's asking me to find a whole new part of me that God's getting ready to unveil. It's asking me to not live in the past, but jump headfirst into the promises that God keeps gently reminding me of:
::Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leaveyou," we can boldly quote,God is there, ready to help;
I'm fearless no matter what.
Who or what can get to me?::
Hebrews 13:5
And this winter reminded me that change is so hard for me. It's always easier to be somewhere else, somewhere not in the midst of your trials. So I'm reminded of the last thing I wrote in my journal before I left California:
"You have a choice: you either stay stuck in the past, in the comfort of your memories and miss all that God has for you in the present, or you move forward and trust that He's going to be enough. I'm choosing to keep going."
So, Rain, I'm so happy that you're here. I'm thankful for your arrival and I cannot wait to move into the next season with you. I cannot wait for you to wash away the old and bring out the person that God has beautifully prepared me to be.
I love this next season already.
1 comment:
this post mirrors what so many of us are going through. when i read what you wrote in your journal before leaving CA, i almost started crying. i'm so grateful for you; your life and energy. i'm so grateful for your dad and family. i'm so glad you chose to move forward. you have no idea how that one decision has impacted everything around you.
Post a Comment