Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
I'm at a place in my life where I have to trust God with everything. I am broken, I am needy, I am lost and I absolutely, beyond a shadow of a doubt, need God to direct my every move.
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.
It's been such a journey to realize just how faithful my God really is. He told me to ask, he told me to trust Him, and I have and He comes through. Always.
I am horrible with money. I just am. So that is OBVIOUSLY the area that God tests me in the most. And obviously the area that I need God's help in the most.
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
A couple of weeks ago I somehow found a way to overdraft my bank account 3 times (It wasn't my fault! I swear!!) and I just did not have an extra $105 to give away to Bank of America. At first I got so angry and I was so annoyed and frustrated and then I decided that I was going to go and get my justice, I would go in and demand my money back!! After all, this was NOT my fault. So somehow, the better part of my brain got a hold of me and before I went in, I stopped and prayed and asked God to be with me, because He knew how much I needed that money. So I went in, much more calmly than I had anticipated and the kind woman explained to me how this was actually my fault and how all they could do was put in a request for them to be returned, but that it almost never gets returned. So she put the request in while I silently sat there and prayed and in about 15 seconds she gets this very surprised look on her face and said, "well that's weird, they all got returned! That never happens!". And I thanked her, walked out and started crying, because I knew that My God was so faithful to provide if I would just trust Him.
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
I nanny two little girls three days a week and a week ago their mom asked me if I wouldn't mind watching a little baby for a week as a favor to her friend who lost her nanny at the last minute. I told her it wouldn't be a big deal, even though the idea of watching three girls under the age of four sounded like a living HELL to me, but I knew that I needed the extra money, so I agreed. She pays me $13 an hour and told me they would bump it up to $15 an hour with the extra baby there. I knew it would be a challenge, but Mama always told me that I was born to be a blessing, so I put on a smile and reminded myself that I was doing this to help someone in a pinch. The night before the week started, the mom text me and said, "You know that you're making $28 an hour not $15, right?" and I started crying as soon as I read that. God is so faithful. At the end of the week, the mom of the baby ended up paying me closer to $32 an hour because she was so greatful that I helped her on such last minute notice. God always honors a good attitude. God is SO faithful to provide.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Times are hard. they really are. Everything is so uncertain, I don't ever know what my next step is and I don't ever know how I'm going to get there. But I'm learning to trust God, to lean on Him and to never forget that my God is SO faithful to me.
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
1 comment:
I just read this post and it made me smile. I'm not sure that there is anyone "worse" with money than me. It's a source of constant complaint for me and sometimes I feel so far away from good at it. I love that you interspersed verses with what you were saying. That's exactly what my journal looks like since I've found it's good to keep the Psalms really handy when I'm dealing with different issues.
Just thought I'd stop and say hello--
Post a Comment