Another one, Daddy?
Not again.
Why does it seem like my generation is dying around me?
Why IS my generation dying around me?
I grew up knowing that I had a destiny.
Something that God put me here to do.
I have never questioned the importance on my life, and I've never taken it lightly.
I have been more than blessed to have parents that speak light and love over my life.
That have taught me that I can make a difference.
That I will make a difference.
I learned young in life that I wasn't one to joke around with my destiny.
(I wonder how many times I heard that word growing up.
I'd venture to say it's in the thousands.)
I learned young that I didn't need to party my childhood away
and that the desire to do so was far from my mind.
My heart is so broken tonight.
As I listen to a young high-school girl tell me about her belligerent friends and the choices they made tonight that they will undoubtedly regret in the morning.
What will make them wake up?
When will they realize they can't think for the now, that their futures matter?
Who will speak purpose and destiny into their lives?
Who will tell them that they will change the world?
My heart is so broken tonight.
As I hear about yet another boy who took his own life at such a young age.
My age.
Why didn't anyone tell him that he could live a beautiful life, free of bondage and pain?
Why didn't anyone tell him that he wasn't a mistake?
My generation is dying around me.
I refuse to take this sitting down.
I refuse to accept that this is how it must be.
Drunken mistakes, suicidal tendencies, acts of idiocy.
What will it take for us to realize that if we aren't sowing the seeds of destiny, meaning and love, then no one is?
We have to tell them before it's too late.
We have to help.
2 comments:
Sister what a moving blog. I love the way you write and your deep thoughts.
Good blog libby.
So what are you going to do?
Post a Comment