Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 5: The 50 Things That Make Me Happy.

It's done! Our 5 day (well, I made it 7) blog challenge is over! It's been un.be.liev.ably hard for me. I am a wordy little girl who never runs out of things to talk about, but I'm exhausted of hearing all my own words! This has been great practice in writing though, but I'm glad to take a break! I learned a lot about myself the past week. I learned that I love my life and I love the people in it. I love the people that support me in the things that I do and I should never take for granted their encouragement or friendship. Thank you for helping me grow.

Anyways, my last entry gets to be a list (yes!), so this is my list of the 50 things that make me unbelievably happy:



1. Coffee dates in the morning.
2. New posts on The Sartorialist.
3. The way you feel after a great workout.
4. Coffee table books.
5. San Francisco in April, May and June.
6. Waking up to text messages.
7. Burning CD's for friends.
8. Overplaying my new favorite song.
9. Personal e-mails from friends around the world.
10. Comfortable silence between friends.
11. Morning phone calls.
12. Chicago.
13. Reading blogs of complete and total strangers and feeling a weird sense of personal investment in their well being.
14. Anything with my initials. (Mama raised me Southern, what can I say?)
15. Falling asleep during the winter with my windows open while bundled up in my fur blanket.
16. Frozen Yogurt.
17. My birthday.
18. Your birthday. (I promise I love it more than I even love my own. As Kathryn Van Buskirk taught me: Birthday's are for other people, not yourself)
19. Making my room messy and then putting on good music and cleaning.
20. Stationary.
21. Being in the middle of a book and not being able to put it down.
22. Doing my hair.
23. Watching my Dad preach.
24. Looking at wedding photography.
25. Smartwater.
26. Thanksgiving.
27. Church on Sunday mornings followed by a Sunday afternoon nap.
28. Understanding what I just read in my bible.
29. Morning runs with my dog.
30. Working.
31. Naps of all kinds in any place.
32. Listening to John Mayer while it's raining.
33. My memories from driving across the country.
34. Nike Tempo Shorts.
35. Realizing someone really loves you.
36. Sending letters through the mail.
37. OPI nail polish names.
38. When my friends realize that I don't hate them, I just hate talking on the phone and they love me regardless.
39. Reading old journal entries and realizing how far God has taken me.
40. Getting a second wind when you're unbelievably exhausted just in time to seize the rest of the evening with your best friends.
41. Waking up before 6:00 am.
42. Reading anything Sarah Stella Wetmore writes/puts in the world for everyone to see.
43. Following foreign affairs and actually understanding what's going on.
44. Clean sheets.
45. Helping my Mom decorate for Christmas.
46. Chipotle.
47. Rehashing conversations, events and peoples outfits.
48. Any form of social media.
49. My "inspiration" folder on my computer.
50. Those moments you experience with someone when you realize that you just learned something about them that no one else knows.

"Ha la la la la la life it is...so... wonderful
It is so meaningful
It is so wonderful
It is meaningful
It is wonderful
It is meaningful
It goes full circle
Wonderful
Meaningful
Full circle
Wonderful."

1 comment:

Alison said...

This is the greatest blog entry. Ever. You're a true gem Lib.